Where & When
DATE - Monday 7th June - Friday 16th July
TIME - 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
At any time during the Summer Term 2021, your school can take part in our Multi Skills challenge. These activities are designed for primary school aged children, to help them build their confidence and develop their agility, coordination, balance and ball skills.
The event is very flexible and can be adapted to suit your needs and available resources.
The activities are on the Multi Skills Challenge Cards (below) and are in the following categories:
- Agility (the ability to move quickly in any direction and maintain balance)
- Balance (the ability to maintain equilibrium whilst in motion)
- Coordination (an organized working together of muscles and groups of muscles aimed at bringing about a purposeful movement)
- Ball Skills (Hands)
- Ball Skills (Feet)
- Target Skills (the ability to propel an object towards a desired target)
You can choose activities and challenges to match your space, equipment, participants and time available. Ideally, you would set up a circus of activities, with a helper at each station. Set a time limit (e.g. 3 minutes) and your chosen activities can run at the same time. At the end of the allowed time, the groups record their score for the activity they completed and then move to the next station.
If time permits, participants could complete the circuit twice (or more), using the suggested activity progression for their second time around. For example, they could play Beanbag Balance whilst stationary the first time, and on their second go they could take a large step before crouching down. You could mix up the groups for a second go.
As a minimum, we suggest completing 4 activities from different categories e.g. Musical Dots (Balance), Clap and Catch (Ball Skills Hands), Dribble Relay (Ball Skills Feet), Beanbag Hoops (Target Skills). Ideally, you would complete 8 activities from a mix of categories. There is no limit to the number of activities you can complete in this challenge.
Participants need to be in groups of at least 4 players, with 6 being the ideal number per group.
How to Participate
To participate in the Multi Skills event, simply:
- Register your interest using our booking form
- Download the activity cards and score sheets (below)
- Have fun trying out the activities!
- Send us your photos and let us know which activities you tried (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Whilst the challenges are team challenges, each participant will have their own score by the end of the challenge. Players are attempting to develop their own skills, rather than to compare their scores with those of other participants.
This event is founded on the School Games Values:
Please register for the Multi Skills event here.