The Trek Activ Programme
It’s an exciting time for Barnsley as Team Activ is launching the new free Trek Activ Programme 2016 for businesses.
Encourage your employees to routinely walk to work, use their lunch break to walk together with colleagues, and to walk more in their leisure time. Walking has been proven to increase productivity and engagement. It promotes smarter travel choices including reliance on the car.
Not only is Trek Activ set to boost productivity, it will also help cut carbon emissions as employees choose walking over driving.
Features of the Programme
- Online registration for every participant of Trek Activ, monitoring your activity levels and giving you access to a new and unique Barnsley online walking community
- Trek Activ Tips – online toolkit for participating businesses which contains information about how to effectively engage staff to increase their daily walking activities.
- Walking Champions; promoting workplace walking buddies to increase motivation amongst colleagues; practical guidance on setting up walking meetings, online pledge schemes, virtual walks, Park & Stride and Park & Hail schemes
- Bespoke Team Activ training sessions for workplace ‘Walking Champions’ covering route planning, leading walks, example walks in local areas, health & safety, themed walks, virtual walks
- Virtual walking programmes – such as ‘virtually’ walking a National Trails route, the Walk 1000 Miles Challenge and virtual walks to other business branch locations across the country to compete against other businesses in logging the most miles throughout the programme
Trek Activ Toolkit
Download at – Trek Activ Toolkit