Year 5/6 Netball Qualifications
Where & When
How to Find Us
DATE - Tuesday 18th June
TIME - 9:30 AM to 11:45 AM
Dove Valley Way
- TIER 1 – Competition more suitable for teams/individuals who have had a practice prior to the event with rules more strictly adhered to and possibly a progression to a further competition
- 5 players on the court at any one time
- Teams may have a maximum of 2 boys on the court at any one time.
- Teams can be Girls only if you wish
- Squad size at school’s discretion
- Players may not play in the same ⅓ of the court for both halves of the game
- GK, GD (1st Half) = C, GA, GS (2nd Half)
- C (1st Half) = GD,GK,GA,GS (2nd Half)
- GA, GS (1st Half) = C, GD, GK (2nd Half)
- Games will have a half time where rotations and substitutions (if required) will take place
- GS & GA – Their own shooting third, shooting circle and centre third but not the defensive third.
- C – All thirds but not in either shooting circle.
- GD & GK – The defensive third, defensive circle and centre third but not the attacking third.
Start of Play
- Game will start with a centre pass from 1 team
- Subsequent centre passes must be taken alternately.
- Play is started by a pass from the C, who stands with both feet in the centre circle. At the start of play, the GS, GA, GD and GK must be outside the centre third. The opposing C shall be in the centre third and free to move. When the umpire blows the whistle, the Centre must pass the ball and the ball must be caught or touched in the centre third.
- A player may receive the ball with one foot grounded or may jump to catch and land on one foot. While that landing foot remains on the ground the other foot may be moved in any direction and any number of times, pivoting on the landing foot if desired. Hopping is not allowed.
- A player may receive the ball with both feet grounded, or may jump to catch and land on both feet simultaneously. The player may then choose to move either foot, and the remaining foot shall then be considered to be the landing foot
Playing the Ball
A player must:
- Pass or shoot within 4 seconds
- Obey the Footwork Rule
A player must not:
- Deliberately kick the ball
- Hand or roll the ball to another player
- Place their hands on a ball held by an opponent
- Throw the ball while sitting/lying on the ground
- Using the goalpost as support
- Pass the ball over a complete third
- Regain possession of the ball having dropped or thrown it, before it has been touched by another player.
Defending, Obstruction & Contact
- Players must be at least 1m away from the person with the ball.
- Defending the ball in a player’s hand by outstretching the arms is not permitted.
- One jump to intercept a throw or shot is permitted, provided the player is at least 1m away.
- Arms may only be raised as part of the vertical jump in an attempt to intercept the ball.
- Jumping up and down in front of a player is not permitted.
- A player is offside if they enter an area of the court in which they are not allowed.
- A penalty shot is awarded if contact/obstruction occurs by a defender on an attacker within the attacking circle.
Bookings are closed for this event.