Year 5/6 Basketball
Where & When
How to Find Us
DATE - Thursday 23rd May
TIME - 1:15 PM to 3:30 PM
Barnsley College Sports Academy
- TIER 1 – Competition more suitable for teams/individuals who have had a practice prior to the event with rules more strictly adhered to and possibly a progression to a further competition
- A Squad consists of a minimum of 4 boys and 4 girls – max squad size at discretion of school
- Games will be 4v4 – 4 girls will play the first half and 4 boys will play the 2nd half
- Substitutions may be made during the game as long as it is same gender for gender
- Each Half of the game will start with a jump ball between 1 member of each team.
- Each basket scored during the game is worth 1 point.
- The game will restart behind the baseline when a basket is scored
- The game is played with a size 5 basketball.
- You cannot walk or run while holding the ball; so in order to move on court you must dribble (travelling rule).
- You cannot dribble with two hands at the same time or dribble again after catching the ball (illegal dribble).
- You cannot make unfair contact (personal foul). A player fouled in the act of shooting will be awarded the basket.
- After a basket is scored, the team that scored must retreat into their own half (half–court) and allow their opponents to bring the ball over the half way line.
- A sideline free pass will be used when the ball goes out of bounds
Bookings are closed for this event.