Year 4 School Games Basketball
Where & When
How to Find Us
DATE - Tuesday 26th February
TIME - 1:15 PM to 2:15 PM
Horizon Community College (Shaw Lane Car Park)
SOUTH YORKSHIRE SCHOOL GAMES FINALS
- The Winner will progress to the South Yorkshire School Games Finals to represent Barnsley. This will be a stand alone South Yorkshire Event in the evening on Friday 29 March, 3.30pm – 6.30pm @ the English Institute of Sport, Sheffield
- A Squad consists of a minimum of 4 boys and 4 girls and a maximum of 5 boys and 5 girls
- Games will be 4 v 4 – 4 Boys will play the first half and 4 Girls will play the 2nd half
- Substitutions may be made during the game as long as it is same gender for gender
- The game starts with a “jump ball”, thereafter the possession alternates on every held ball. The second half will be restarted with a jump ball.
- After a basket is scored, that team must retreat back into their own half and allow the opposition to bring the ball in from the baseline
- The game is played with a size 5 basketball.
- You cannot walk or run while holding the ball; so in order to move on court you must dribble (travelling rule)
- You cannot dribble with two hands at the same time or dribble again after catching the ball (illegal dribble)
- A sideline free pass will be used when the ball goes out of bounds
- Basketball is a close contact game, in the event of “rough” contact, a foul will be called and the ball will be given at the sideline to the team that was fouled. A player fouled in the act of shooting is awarded the basket
Bookings are closed for this event.