Year 3/4 & 5/6 Star Relay Orienteering Event
Where & When
How to Find Us
DATE - Friday 14th June
TIME - 1:15 PM to 3:00 PM
Shaw Lane Sports Club
- Tier 3 – Events which are suitable for Mass Participation/teams/individuals with the focus being on getting pupils active and a lower focus on a competitive outcome
- A team is made up of 3 to 4 pupils and can be any gender mix
- There will be seperate competitions for Y3/4 & Y5/6
- Each team has a map and control card with numbered boxes which will be provided on the day.
- Control points are marked on the map using the same numbers as in the boxes.
- Control points are visited one at a time. The team’s first runner/s assemble outside the holding pen for a mass start. Each teams card will have been pre-marked by officials with a first control to visit, each team having a different control as far as possible and will have a card that visits all the controls but in a different order for each team.
- When visiting the controls, teams can go as individuals, pairs or a full group. Any runners who don’t go to visit a control must wait in the pen for their team mates to return.
- When a competitor returns the card is checked that it has been punched correctly and then the competitor enters the holding pen to hand on the map and card.
- There are 12 relay legs (controls) to collect and controls must be visited in the order on the control card. The controls for different teams are the same but they are in different orders on the control cards.
- The pin punch must be used in the correct square at each control.
- As each runner finishes a leg, their control card will be checked and marked to ensure that they have only been to one control and that controls are being visited in the correct order.
- As each runner goes back to his/her team, he/she passes on the control card to the next runner who goes off with a map to the next control.
- The winning team will be the first to get to the finish gate with all control squares on the card punched correctly.
Bookings are closed for this event.