School Games KS 2 Star Relay Orienteering
Where & When
How to Find Us
DATE - Friday 21st June
TIME - 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Cannon Hall Country Park
Back House Lane
- A team is made up of 3 to 4 pupils
School Games Competition
- There will be separate competitions for each category with 4 teams from each category qualifying for the South Yorkshire School Games
- Each team has two maps and one control card with numbered boxes.
- Control points are marked on the map using the same numbers as in the boxes.
- Control points are visited one at a time. The team’s first runners assemble outside the holding pen for a mass start. Each teams card will have been pre-marked by officials with a first control to visit, each team having a different control as far as possible and will have a card that visits all the controls but in a different order for each team.
- When a competitor returns the card is checked that it has been punched correctly and then marks a different number for the next competitior to find.
- The control card is then taken into the holiday pen and handed to the next competitior.
- The pin punch must be used in the correct square at each control.
- Teachers/helpers can give as much advice as they wish inside the waiting pen but not when runners are outside it.
- The winning team will be the first to get to the finish gate with all control squares on the card punched correctly.
Bookings are closed for this event.