KS2 Table Tennis Doubles
Where & When
How to Find Us
DATE - Thursday 28th February
TIME - 1:15 PM to 3:00 PM
Shawlands Primary School
- TIER 2 – Development Competition suitable for any teams/individuals with the focus being on participation and development with rules less strictly applied
- Min 4 in a team – maximum up to individual schools
- 4 Players will play each match (2 sets of pairs)
- No gender ratio
A match will consist of 2 games and will take place as follows
- Team A Pair 1 v Team B Pair 1
- Team A Pair 2 v Team B Pair 2
A Game will be played to 11 points with the winner being the 1st to 11 (depending on time). The number of points a school scores in the 2 games combined will decide who wins the match e.g. Team A 19 v Team B 15 – Team A Wins
Rules will be standard Table Tennis Doubles rules with some slight amendments
- First serve will be decided at the start of each game
- Service is diagonally across the table from right to left
- Each player has 2 serves before service crosses to the other side (e.g. the service order would be Team 1 Player A x 2, Team 1 Player B x 2, Team 2 Player A x 2, Team 2 Player B x 2)
- When the score is 10-10, each player only has 1 serve
- During a game shots alternate between players (e.g. if Team 1 Player A plays a shot then the next shot by Team 1 must be from Player B, then Player A e.t.c). If a team plays a shot out of sequence they lose the point.
- During Service, if the ball touches the net and lands in, the service must be replayed. If the ball touches the net and lands out, there is no replaying of the serve.
Bookings are closed for this event.