KS2 Orienteering Participation Event
Where & When
How to Find Us
DATE - Friday 24th May
TIME - 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Cannon Hall Country Park
Back House Lane
- Tier 3 – Events which are suitable for Mass Participation/teams/individuals with the focus being on getting pupils active and a lower focus on a competitive outcome
- The event is open from 10.00am with the last start time at 2.30pm
- You will choose your preferred start time when you enter the event.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your allocated start time.
- As a rough guide, it will take around 1hr 30 minutes from arrival to leaving (inclusive of briefing e.t.c) but this will obviously be dependant on the speed and accuracy that children complete the course.
- YEAR 3/4 – Groups of 3 to 4. No pairs unless the school is very confident in the children going as pairs
- YEAR 5/6 – Groups of 2 to 4
- Groups can be either be mixed or single sex. This should be indicated on the control card at the start
- Please ensure that children know who they will be paired with before they arrive at the start as this will help us avoid any delays.
- Children are NOT allowed to do the course as individuals unless accompanied by an adult.
- Schools must download and print their own [ Control Cards ] from the above links. If possible please use card instead of paper. Maps will be provided.
- Prizes will be awarded for the fastest boys, girls and mixed group in each age group. Certificates will also be available to download for all other competitors.
- Spectators and Supporters welcome. Please make sure they pay any parking charges applicable
- If your coach requires a parking pass to stay we will have some to hand out on the day
- The registration and start will be be in the parkland next to the main car park at the other side of the trees
- Toilet and refreshment facilities will be available in the cafe.
Bookings are closed for this event.