Key Stage 3 Girls School Games Handball Finals
Where & When
How to Find Us
DATE - Wednesday 27th February
TIME - 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM
Outwood Academy Carlton
South Yorkshire School Games Finals
- The winners will progress to the South Yorkshire School Games Finals to represent Barnsley
- 7 players on the court (including a goalkeeper) – Squad size of up to 10 players
- Rolling Substitutions
- Games to be played on a full size Sportshall Court
- Games will be started with each team in own half and one team will start with a centre pass – the ball must be passed backwards.
- Only the Goalkeepers are allowed in the D
- If the ball goes behind the goal, the game always restarts with the goalkeeper (no corners like football)
- If the ball goes out of the sideline, the game restarts with a sideline pass
Moving with the Ball
- Outfield players can touch the ball with any part of their body that is above the knee.
- Once a player receives possession, they can pass, hold possession or shoot.
- If a player holds possession, they can dribble (like basketball) or take up to 3 steps for up to 3 seconds without dribbling.
- Once a player stops dribbling they have up to 3 steps or 3 seconds to pass or shoot
- Players can not be in possession of the ball for more than 5 seconds
- Players can score from any position on the court and direct from any free throws.
- Players CAN NOT score directly from a sideline ball
- When shooting, the attacker must release the ball before making contact with the floor if they land inside the D
- Once a goal is scored, play will restart with the opposition at the centre line. All players must be onside before play is restarted.
- No deliberate contact is allowed with the opposition and ball must be intercepted. Any infringement on this rule will result in a free throw
- Goalkeepers may come out of the D but are not allowed to hold possession outside of the D