Under 13 Girls Inter Cricket
Where & When
How to Find Us
DATE - Tuesday 16th January
TIME - 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM
Penistone Grammar School
Qualification of Players
- A player may represent a school in the competition if they are Under 15 years of age at midnight on 31st August prior to the season of the competition.
- Players may play for only one team in this Competition in any one season (i.e. U13 OR U15)
- Each team may have a squad of up to 10 players with only 8 players taking part in each match
- The length of the pitch will be 22 yards
- The running crease at the non-strikers end will be at 18 yards.
- 8 overs per innings
- Batters may run on any ball whether it is hit or not
- Batters must retire when their total is equal to or has passed 15 (all runs will count, i.e. a batter is on 14 and hits a 6, they retire on 20)
- Retired batters can continue their innings if only 1 batter remains
- A single batter may remain with the support of a runner – who can be run out
- The innings will be declared closed when: All batters are out, The allocated numbers of overs have been bowled by the fielding team.
- The LBW law will not be applied unless the batter deliberately blocks the ball from hitting the wicket.
- Batters can be caught out off any wall or ceiling but not the boundary wall.
- The wicket keeper will be the only player who cannot bowl.
- All bowlers MUST bowl overarm. Only 6 balls to be bowled in any over, except in the final over.
- 3 Runs will be awarded to the batting team for each wide ball and no ball bowled but no extra ball will be allocated, if a wide or no ball is bowled in the last over then the ball will have to be re-bowled.
- Minimum of 5 bowlers per innings (with a maximum of 2 overs per bowler)
- All bowling to be bowled from one end only. ECB Fast Bowling Directives will NOT apply to this competition
- Fielders in front of the batter must stand at least 8 yards from the batter or against the wall, whichever is closer.
- The umpire must stop the game in the event, and must ensure the fielder is further than 8 yards away from the batter before play resumes.
- Add 3 extra runs to the team score for each no ball or wide bowled by the opposing team.
- Extras should not be added to the batters score except no balls where additional runs are scored (example – a no ball is bowled, 3 runs are added to extras, the batter hits it for 4 – this goes on the batters score and the team score – overall team runs scored for this delivery is 7).
- No extra balls to be bowled for illegal deliveries, except in the last over, if a wide or no ball is bowled the bowler must bowl each illegal delivery again.
- 1 run will be awarded if the ball hits the wall or the ceiling and the batters do not run
- 2 runs will be awarded if the ball does not hit the wall or ceiling and the batters complete a run
- 3 runs will be awarded if the ball hits the wall or the ceiling and the batters complete a run.
- 4 runs will be awarded if the ball hits the back wall without hitting the side wall or ceiling but bounces.
- 6 runs will be awarded if the ball hits the back wall without hitting the side wall or ceiling but does not bounce.
- 1 run shall be awarded if the ball is thrown by a fielder following fielding the ball and the ball hits any wall or the ceiling. This rule can apply more than once during the same delivery.
Result of a Match
- The team with the highest score wins.
- A tied game is acceptable – a tied game is both teams score the same amount of runs and have lost the same amount of wickets.
- In a knockout match if the teams score is equal the following will be used to determine a winner. Number of wickets taken, Team scoring most runs in overs 1, then 2, then 3 and so on until the 8th
- If scores are still level, to determine a winner then a bowl out will take place. Captains shall nominate before the start of the bowl out which four members of the team shall bowl. All four bowlers will bowl 2 balls each and the team that hits the wickets the most will be declared the winner. If still equal then it will be sudden death to decide the winner.
Bookings are closed for this event.